YWIES Beijing Summer Programme Makes Learning Great Fun
In these extraordinary summer days, we have a special summer online activity. Students will create a special memory in the YWIES Beijing summer programme in 2020.
The three-week summer programme is a bilingual activity, which lets the students communicate in English as much as possible.
• Likes/ dislikes
• Three truths and a lie
• All about me
• Relays and games
Learning points: Language and Maths activities focusing on understanding and building each team's culture.
• Listening to instructions
• Passing a message
• Writing instructions
• Writing recipes
• Food groups
• Healthy eating
Learning points: Reading comprehension, instructional writing and following directions.
• Reading a script
• Writing a speech and reading aloud
• Story writing
• Creating their own superhero
• Transforming a narrative into speech using well known stories
• Use of voice
• Use of expressions
• Drama performance – creating a video for parents
Learning points: Using voice and expressions in performing
Pirates of Yizhuang
• Solving logic puzzles
• Battleships and other games
• Map reading
• Map symbols
• Using a compass
• Treasure hunt
Learning points: Creating maps and clues, and understanding codes and symbols
Bob the Builder
• Creating and testing structures
• Solving puzzles
• Drafting and building a prototype
• Writing a set of instructions
• Testing and redrafting
• Creating Rube Goldberg machine
Learning points: Using simple machines, ramps, balances, levers, and pulleys to design and build prototype scale models.